What do I need to do to get my roof ready for Spring in Colorado?
Spring in Colorado often wreaks havoc on roofs. High winds and large hail storms later in the season follow the heavy wet snow at the beginning of the season. Hennessey Roofing understands the stress your roof takes during this time of the year. Our team recommends five easy roof maintenance steps to add to your spring cleaning routine to help ensure the integrity of your roof.
- 1.) Clean Your Gutters. Debris builds up in your gutters in the winter and causes water to pool and damage your roof.
- 2.) Inspect Your Shingles. Check for any shingles that are missing, curling, or worn down. Shingles that are buckling, curling or blistering indicate the end of the shingles' life expectancy.
- 3.) Check For Mold or Algae. Dark spots or streaks across your roof could be indicators of mold or algae. Both mold and algae hold moisture and can lead to wood rot in your roof if left unchecked.
- 4.) Document Any Damage. Take photos of any existing damage and note the location of damage on your roof. This will help a professional roofer during a formal inspection
- 5.) Schedule a professional inspection. An annual inspection of your roof provides peace of mind. Call the experts at Hennessey Roofing to schedule your free roofing inspection today!
Hennessey Roofing provides roof repairs for damaged roofs when possible. If the damage to your roof is too great, Hennessey Roofing also offers complete roof replacements. These five steps apply directly for your commercial roof maintenance as well.